Morning transfer from your Hotel in Mombasa or Nairobi to the airport for the flight to Lamu. Lamu’s appeal is derived from the unique character of the people who live there. Although based on the Islamic religion, most customs derive solely from the Swahili culture, a people of mixed Bantu and Arab blood, who many centuries ago were prosperous and politically powerful.
Outwardly little has changed in this strictly Islamic enclave, where the only motorcar belongs to the District Officer. The elegant centuries-old houses with their fountains in flower-filled courtyards reflect a heritage that had running water, plumbing and simple air-condition while Europe was still in dark ages. Upon arrival at Manda airstrip transfer by boat to New Lamu Palace Hotel where your lunch is served. In the afternoon and evening spend time to discover Lamu. Lamu Palace Hotel, resplendent in its traditional Arab architecture is overlooking the romantic Lamu sea front and Manda Beach. The hotel has 20 double rooms and 3 suites with hand-finished Lamu furniture. All rooms are self-contained and air-conditioned. Freshly caught fish and seafood dishes dominate the superb cuisine. The boat also takes the guests to the hotel’s private Manda Island beach for snorkeling, swimming, and sunbathing. Excursions to the surrounding areas including Pate Island can be arranged at the reception. Dinner and overnight at Lamu Palace Hotel.
Enjoy the morning in Lamu. After lunch transfer to Manda Airstrip for return flight to Mombasa or Nairobi. Upon arrival transfer to your hotel.
Tour Price Includes:
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari.
- Meal plan as described, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner.
- Accommodation in double/twin/triple room sharing.
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes and service of an english speaking professional driver/guide.
- Game drives as detailed in the itinerary.
- Exclusive transport in a safari tour bus 4 x 4 with a game viewing roof hatch and UHF radio.
Things you need to budget for. The price does not include:
- Items of a personal nature